Sunday, January 27, 2013

West Brom Turns Down Osaze’s Request To Join QPR

West Bromwich Albion (WBA) has turned
down a request from London Premiership
club Queens Park Rangers (QPR) for Super
Eagles striker Osaze Odemwingie.
QPR who are battling relegation are keen to
add Osaze to their forward line before the
current transfer window closes on January
31, the London club put in a bid for the
player but it was firmly rejected by WBA
who insisted that none of its core players
are for sale.
Osaze who put in a transfer request at his
club, citing not having enough playing time as
his reason had his transfer request turned
down, as WBA is keen to hold on to the
player until the expiration of his contract in
2014.
"Peter is hugely popular with our supporters
and it is disappointing that he has decided to
hand in a transfer request. It was
immediately turned down and has done
nothing to change our stance during January.
"Peter is under contract until the summer of
2014 and we have no need or desire to sell
our core players. We want to keep the squad
intact to enable us to build on an
encouraging first six months of the season,"
Richard Garlick, WBA's sporting and
technical director said.
Odemwingie has responded with a long
statement which read: "I'm deeply hurt and
in some ways offended by the lack of
reciprocal common respect from the
management of West Bromwich Albion.
"During my time at the club I believe I have
delivered performances, effort and goals.
"I never complained when I found out that
the club failed to inform me of enquiries
that might have interested me and my family
in the past.
"Everyone knows how much effort and
commitment I always give when I play for
the club. The fans have been great with me
and I will always respect them.
"Some may say I have contributed, along
with all my team mates, to the survival of the
club in the Premier League in recent seasons.
"At this stage of my career, this opportunity
may not come around again. A new challenge,
a new opportunity, and a chance to play
under the stewardship of one of the most
respected managers in the game (Harry
Redknapp).
"I hope the management of West Bromwich
Albion will accept my transfer request in the
manner that I have requested it.
"West Bromwich Albion may argue that I am
too vital a member of the team to allow me
to leave now but I could argue that team
selection so far this season has not
reflected that and there is more than
adequate cover for my position currently in
the squad, culminating in my playing out of
position.
"I have not taken this decision lightly and I
would like West Bromwich Albion to accept
what, in my opinion, is more than a
reasonable offer from QPR for me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...